Debrief solves future of work challenges with our asynchronous video management and collaboration platform. Using Debrief’s AI-powered transcription and search, a company can catalog all of their recordings and quickly find the right information. Companies use Debrief for knowledge bases, meeting archives, asynchronous feedback, and a single place to store their growing number of videos.
We are hiring a founding growth engineer to join our 3 person engineering team led by the founders (ex-Twitch senior and principal engineers). This role will have a massive impact on the product, company, and culture as we scale the way companies manage their video and collaborate asynchronously.
A growth engineer is driven by extreme excitement in building something new that may-or-may-not be doable. That person lives to tinker with new technology and is never afraid of a problem. They work fast to get to a solution, even if it means hacking things together.
- Take ideas and turn them into code, quickly.
- Hack together solutions with new technologies.
- Take comfort in the unknown that comes with every early-stage company.
- Throw something out when it doesn’t work.
- Work across the stack and drive development of new stacks.
- Ownership across the Debrief product.
- Always provide our customers with the best possible product and experience.
- Help to grow the team by interviewing and hiring new engineers.
- EITHER: 4+ years of experience working as an engineer at a startup OR 2 years of history building in public (open source or similar) a product from scratch.
- Expert in a performant backend programming language such as golang, rust, or node.
- Expert in designing and building scalable architectures.
- Expert in using and building on AWS.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Extraordinarily self-driven to build the best possible products for customers.
- Desire to grow with the company, whether that means growing into management or a more senior individual contributor, this role will evolve as we grow.
We are located in San Francisco. We have an office where we work 3 days per week. We are remote friendly but have a strong preference for people we can work together with in person.